The Pastoral Care Ministry exists to affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person by having in place helping ministries of hope and caring so that no member of our congregation needs to face life’s struggles alone.
We desire to transform lives one at a time through life-changing ministries such as …
• Sick & Shut-in Ministry – This ministry calls and sends cards to the sick and shut-ins who are homebound, in rehab, or in the hospital to provide emotional encouragement and spiritual support. In addition, we maintain contact with those unable to attend church due to disabilities.
• New Members Ministry – This exciting ministry welcomes and follows up with new members by letter and telephone. We also answer questions regarding the church’s ministries, encourage members to get involved with the new members’ class and volunteer ministries, and contact helping ministries to provide assistance to a member, if needed.
• Missing in Action Ministry – This vital ministry follows up on absent members. We encourage the absent and chronic absentee member to attend church by ministering to them and encouraging them. Most important, we determine if they have special needs and what we can do as a church family to help them.
• Visitors Ministry – We are the frontline of contact with new visitors to Bethany Baptist. Through a letter and telephone call with each visitor, we create a sense of belonging to the point that visitors want to return and also become a member of the church. We also invite nonmembers to other church activities and services with the ultimate goal of leading them to Christ or to become active in worship and ministry if already a Christian.
• Bereavement Ministry – We offer support for those bereaving loved ones in our family. We make phone calls and send cards of encouragement immediately after burial. Subsequently, cards are sent every three months for one year. In addition, we provide grief support groups for both children and adults. We also now hold Remembrance Ceremonies to honor those family members and friends who have passed on.
If you want to know more about this powerful ministry, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856.784.2220 x115.